Monday, June 9, 2008

The Number Twelve.....

.... is a significant number. For a lot of reasons. A Dozen. You can buy a lot of things in a dozen. *Eggs *Rolls *Pencils *Golf balls *Boxes of Kleenex at Sams *Donuts *Soda Pop *Ice Cream Bars Just to name a few. You get the idea. But today the number 12 has a more significant meaning at our house. You can't buy a Kristian in a Dozen. Nope, she was made special just for us, and we are so grateful! Twelve years ago today we had our first baby. A beautiful baby girl. Being a first time mom and not experienced with the whole pregnancy thing, I had no idea that all that crampiness and feeling like it was that "time of the month" the whole day before actually meant something..... important! So she arrived at 7:19 the following morning (a Sunday) after we arrived at the hospital already dilated to a 9 with barely enough time for the Doctor to arrive and NO time for any medication for mom. Oh-Well..... we made it (yeah, I can say that now.... 12 years later :)) Right from the start she was special. More beautiful than any baby I had ever seen, and sweet as could be..... and she stayed that way, always obedient and willing to do what you asked. (our house was never "child proofed" until Kassie came along! :)) A tender heart that is always concerned with everyone else and their feelings. One of my Best Friends. Today Kristian and I celebrated her Birthday together.... no friend Birthday Party, just the two of us. We started out with Grandma Caroll and Grandpa Boyd arriving at 10:15 am to help with the other kids so Kristian and I could go out. We left for the Salon where Kristian got a few blonde highlights in her hair and a much needed haircut. She also got a special little gift from the girl that cut her hair that you can see below in a picture. We then visited a cute little store in Tremonton called "Simply Ours" that has cute gifts and also sells beads, and things to make with beads. Kristian made her own watch band to go with a watch face she picked out, and then it was off to lunch at her favorite place ever to eat.... Subway! Her favorite sandwich... Turkey on Monterey Cheddar bread with pepperoni!! ??? Then we were off to Brigham to get her nails done and a little shopping at Walmart, where we picked up her Birthday cake, which you can also see below..... We finished our trip off at Hallmark picking out Father's Day cards, and then went home to help Grandma with dinner and then Cake and Ice Cream. While we were gone Grandma and the kids had decorated the house with a Birthday banner and cute little stars with "Happy Birthday Kristian" on them all around the Kitchen and Dining room. I think she had a great day..... I know I did. Thanks for 12 great years sis! I can't wait for the next several Dozen! 2 weeks old in her blessing dress and then at one year at the Syracuse Baby Contest where she won Princess in her age bracket. (what is so sad to me is that I just barely sent that outfit of mine to the DI last month! 12 years later! :-( ewwww) The Hannah Montana Guitar (kind of a funky lookin' guitar.... if you ask me) cupcake Birthday cake.

This is my beautiful girl getting ready to blow out her candles. Her hair looks so cute, we had a fun day, and you can see the cute little hot pink hair clip that Trisa (the hairdresser) gave her for her birthday.
This is the cute sign that the Young Women left for her..... it was on the front lawn when she woke up this morning. This is also a before picture of her hair.... kind of far away, but those bangs have been driving us nuts for soooooo long! It looks so much better now.
Wow... a beehive. I can't believe my daughter is in Young Women's. One more year til the teen years.... yikes! I am so proud of her.... she has had challenges in her life, but she is strong in what she knows to be right and has a testimony of the Gospel that will only grow and develop from here. Inside and out she is beautiful and I am so grateful that she is my daughter!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS!!! WE LOVE YOU!!

6 comments:

Our Newman 6 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISTIAN!!!
You are a beautiful young lady, we are so excited to have you coming to young womens. Hope you had a GREAT DAY!!
Janiece

Anonymous said...

I love this post!! You are so creative with the whole dozen thing. She is such a beautiful girl & we are going to miss her smile in Primary (although we know she's way ready for YW) Happy Birthday Girl, hope you had a GREAT day :)

Amy Jo said...

What a wonderful day! It sounds like you did all her favorite things. Happy Birthday Kristian. Karlee is excited for you to be in YW with her. The cake was darling...I would have given you credit for making it Katie. Is that really you in that picture holding Kristian... it doesn't look anything like you. You will need to share more of those.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kristian. Looks like you guys had so much fun!

The Doutre Family said...

Happy Birthday! What a great tribute blog to her! I'm so excited to see her in Young Womens and I'm always up for a babysitter :) If she can handle the Wrath O Addy!

Amy Jo said...

I hope you had a good birthday. I bet it was so fun spending it with your mom. I cant wait to have you come into y.w. especially Girls camp. I hope we have fun!!!
Funkey Monkey