His first night in his "Big Boy Bed" (you can see the crib next to him)
....finally made it out of the shed a couple of weeks ago. I have been asking for a few months, but he was not the least bit interested. He has never crawled out of his crib, so I kept thinking.... why torture myself? I will just let him stay there as long as he wants. Yeah right. My personality just does not accommodate such thoughts. He is 2 and a half. His cousins who are the same age have been in beds for months. He should be too.
So, I get a few minutes one night after dinner, and I go to town on his room. I am cleaning out drawers, under and inside nightstands and tables, cleaning out toys, up goes the toddler bed. He was actually soooo excited! But mom was leery..... so I left up the crib.... just in case.
To our amazement, he has been our best child to transition into a bed. He has loved it, and still has not figured out he can actually get out of it himself. He wakes up in the morning and from naps, and yells "MOOOOM" for me to open his door, greet him, and give him loves before he gets out of bed. Such a sweet boy. Love him to pieces.
My baby is no longer a baby.... he's a toddler!! :( (has been for a while now, but sometimes it takes moms a while to transition into that!)
1 comments:
What a good boy! Some kids still sleep with their parents...I won't name names. He really does have the cutest personality.
Post a Comment