....have never been anything that I have had a profound testimony of. I mean, I always believed in it, and felt it was what we should do, and never had problems with paying it. But I have never had any of those stories people have had where they talk about paying their tithing or paying the electric bill, and choosing tithing, and then somehow, someway you come up with a way to pay the electric bill. You know what I mean? Okay, then I now have a more profound testimony of Tithing. It happened. The Bodily's now have a story. And it still amazes me. HE knows, and HE Will find a way. To start off.... we have been feeling very blessed lately. The economy is the worst it has been since Cory and I have been married. The construction market has been hit especially hard. We hear about people losing their businesses every day. We have actually been busier. We have a surplus of work, that not only has kept Cory and our employees running everyday, but we have had to ask for help from some of Cory's "plumbing friends" to get it all done. Which is great, we have the great blessing of helping some others get work too. We continually feel blessed for the work. The last 2 months we have had extra expenses we don't usually have every month. Nothing major, just the usual like mother's day, birthdays, car registration, 4-wheeler registration, homeowners insurance, more birthdays, a trailer to stock, father's day, etc.... you get the idea. But with these things, we are strapped. We would have probably had to use our minimal savings (very minimal since having to pay the IRS $4000.00 in April) but I cannot believe the extra money that has found us this last 2 weeks......... ***Cory is helping a friend with the plumbing on his house. This is a friend from childhood, and a best friend from High School. Cory has always wished they could get together more. Anyway, Cory told him he would just help him plumb it. You know.... Free Labor. Just the two of them. Well 2 weeks ago he hands Cory a check. Cory said the secretary will bill him for all the materials and he can just take a draw from the construction loan at the bank. He says no, I can't have you do all this work for free. I have to pay you something.... I know it's probably not what you would usually make, but it's something. Blessing #1 in the form of $500.00 ***We recently re-financed our second mortgage to get a better interest rate. A few days ago a check arrives in the mail with a letter stating the new finance company over paid on the pay off for the old loan. Therefore a check is enclosed for the overpayment. If we were smart, we would just pay it back on the new loan. But father's day is coming up, Cory doesn't know about this money yet, and he wants a new BBQ grill because ours is "too small". (Happy Father's Day, honey) Blessing #2 in the form of $481.00 Okay.... this is the one that blows me away..... ***I get a phone call from my father-in-law yesterday morning. There is a special section in the Standard Examiner paper yesterday that is called the Utah State Treasurer, Unclaimed Property registry. Ever heard of that? We never had. But apparently they have one. This special section has names listed throughout the whole thing, of people who have unclaimed property. What is Unclaimed Property? Each year, millions of dollars in bank accounts, stock certificates, checks, insurance checks, bonds and dividends are turned over to the State of Utah because the owners cannot be located. Anyway, my father-in-law tells me Cory and I are on this list. (He claims anything over $10.00 as a finders fee.:)) So I am not expecting anything much. Just a few dollars interest income or something, and wonder if it's worth all the hassle you have to go through to find out what it is. So I try calling the 800 # all day yesterday and it is busy. I try first thing this morning, and actually get a lady who tells me we have 2 checks from prudential insurance. After I find out what we need to do to claim them and get off the phone, I try to remember what we had prudential insurance for and why. I have come to the conclusion I think we had our auto insurance through them just before we moved to Bothwell, where we switched to Met Life so we would have all our insurance with one company. Blessing #3 in the form of $568.00 Want to find out if you have any unclaimed property? go to www.up.utah.gov This is going on way too long, longer than I planned so I won't go on and on. Just know that an already good testimony of Tithing was strengthened beyond measure at the Bodily house these last couple of weeks. I feel like the Lord just said, "So you need a little extra money right now? okay, here's fifteen hundred dollars, see what you can do with that."
6 years ago
2 comments:
I have a strong testimony of tithing as well. I just think it seems to make everything work.
Just one more great blessing our Heavenly Father has given us!!
Wow.. now that is cool!
Post a Comment