Sunday, October 5, 2008

14 Years..... But Who's Counting???

Fourteen years ago Cory and I were married in the Logan, Utah temple. It was a very rainy day, and I just prayed that we could get pictures done without a downpour. We came out of the temple to a break in the storm, and were able to get a few pictures. (As you can see from the photo below the cement out of the doorway is really wet.)

We got a lot of "flack" from people for the day we chose.

*It was the opening day of the Elk Hunt, so a lot of my uncles were absent.

*One of my cousin's was coming home from his mission.

*Cory's brother Chris had a good "friend" (who is now his wife) coming home from a mission too.

But we chose this day for a reason. It was Cory's parents anniversary too. Since his Dad was no longer with us on this earth, we thought it would be a great way to honor him

Below is a picture of our refreshments that were served at our wedding. Cory and I both loved Chocolate mousse at the time.... (well, we still do) and wanted something along those lines, so his cousin Carie came up with these..... and I never even had one! :( But it sure looked good! Here we are cutting the cake. I really liked my cake, and how it turned out.
I look back at these photos, and there isn't much I like. The photos are not great, the bridesmaid dresses are not cute at all, the decor is not my favorite, I liked my cake at the time... but it would not be what I would choose today, I still like the colors, and my dress.... I wish you could see the beading details, there is SO MUCH I would do differently if it were to happen today, but it didn't.... it was 14 years ago.
It was a GREAT day with the MAN I LOVE. I sure picked the right ONE.... what a lucky girl.

HAPPY ANNIVERSAY BABE!

9 comments:

Arlene said...

Happy Anniversary, we love you both and are proud of you and your good choices!! You are great parents and loyal children....we are grateful to live next door!

~ Katie said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Don't we all wish we could change things. I know a few of my own I would have changed. I think you looked beautiful in your dress. Seeing your pictures makes me want to look at mine. Our 10 year is coming up so maybe I'll wait till then. Hope you did something fun!

Amy Jo said...

You two haven't changed a bit...well maybe Cory has a little more hair. Thanks for sharing your pics!
My colors were teal and peach...what was I thinking??? I know what you mean about doing some things different.

Courtney Beck said...

Hey Katie how have you been?!?! I'm so glad you have a blog so I can see what you are up to. You were such a great young woman's leader and I'm grateful that you were in that part of my life. I love looking at old wedding photos and how much things have changed. Congrats!

The Doutre Family said...

I love the headband! Too cool! I think that's awesome that you guys choose his parents' anniversary to get married!

Kristian said...

i like the way the scementis wet in your pictures. i want to see more pictures. the chocolate moose looks really good i wish i could have tried some. love you

Angie said...

Happy Anniversary you handsome kids!! I can't believe how young you were when you got married! Cory must have been just 12. How fun to see those pics of your wedding. There's no reason to change anything about your wedding. . I know some people who got married that long ago too, and your wedding was right in "style".

Shane says, "Geez Sister Bodily, those are some high bangs!! hee, hee, haw, haw!"

TiffaniS said...

Happy #14! We are just so lucky to know you two and your cute kids! We are glad that 'life' brought you this way!

Anonymous said...

What a cute couple!! LOVE the pics. Holy cow, you look EXACTLY the same. How nice to be able to say that, geez!! Hope you had a good one!!