Monday, October 6, 2008

LDS General Conference

Just when you think it can't get any better.....
Or you can't get more out of any meeting....
They out-do themselves!
I LOVE General Conference weekend. And to top it off and make it even better.... it was RAINY! To just sit around all weekend in your PJ's and eat good food and listen to the counsel of our Prophet and Apostles..... you just can't get any better than that!
*
* I tried something new this year, that I think we will make a tradition. I made General Conference Trail Mix. This trail mix included.... * * *Peanuts * * *Pretzel Sticks * * *Teddy Grahams * * *M & M's * * *Licorice Nibs in red and black * * *Candy Corns * * The purpose was a little bribery for the kids to actually sit and listen.... it worked pretty good for Saturday.... but they were a little worn out on the whole sitting around being "bored" thing for Sunday. * * What a great conference though, so many talks that I loved and got so much out of. I can't wait for them to be online or for the Ensign to come out next month. It makes me grateful for the Gospel in my life, and wonder how all those without it manage to muttle through life?

3 comments:

Our Newman 6 said...

Katie, I couldn't agree more. It was the perfect weekend. I like the idea of the trail mix. The girls and I listened to conference on the radio in the kitchen and made homemade breadsticks, chicken noodle soup and sugar cookies it was a great day. It is amazing the lift you get when we have a conference weekend to listen to our prophet.

:sorry for the long commment luvya

Amy Jo said...

I wish I could have been home Saturday, but I listened to the whole conf. on the radio or MP3 this time. I think you get more out of it when you watch it. I like your idea of "trail Mix"!

Jackie said...

Just stop'n by and wanted to say HI. I love this blog world, so nice to be able to stay in touch! Your family is darling! Loved your wedding dress!