I know.... I have been told a hundred times by countless astetiticians and cosmetic guru's....
Dont wash your face with soap!!
But.... old habits die hard! I actually use Mary Kay cleanser for my face, but I always touch up my mascara areas around my eyes with a good old wash cloth and soap.
So here is what I use at my sink in my bathroom for my hand soap. The foam doesn't work well to wash your face with, so I always go over to Cory's sink for that little bit of soap I need to wash and clean away the mascara around my eyes.
Today I learned my lesson. He changed to a new soap I bought for him that I thought he might like...... needless to say,
MY EYES DID NOT LIKE!!
Peppermint oil based soap is not recommended around the eyes! AAHHHHHHHHH OOWWWWWWW! DUH!

7 comments:
Geez Katie! Ouch! You're an eye person! I so want some of that BBW pumkin soap!
Oh, I bet that felt nice!
Actually my dermatologist told me to use soap. I have very sensitive skin & cleansers are too hard for me. He told me to use dove or even lever 2000, so that's what I've used for years. Everything else breaks me right out. Crazy huh, I guess all skin types are just so different.
I'll be sure to stay away from anything "minty" though!! OUCH!!
What happened to your eyes? Didn't you take a picture of that?!! J/K :) Hope you had some tears close by! Yikes!
Brilliant move KT!!
betcha smelt good though
Katie, I have no words....that was a good laugh though! I'm glad I'm not the only one who does dumb things occasionally.
Ouch Katie! I wash my eyes with soap too. Whatever is at the sink I use it. I'll make sure NOT to use minty stuff.
I was told that baby soap is good to remove mascara. It's as gentle as tears :) I do try and use that now that I have a baby again.
Post a Comment