Monday, September 29, 2008

Health and Safety Week

Engine Engine #9..... #92 that is. That is Thatcher's Engine number. And that is what Cory and Rich got to take to the Elementary school for Health and Safety week last week. Kassie was so excited that her Dad was going to come for the day. They just talked to the kids about fire safety, having a plan, fire extinguisher in their home, and what they do as firemen. Then the kids got to climb inside the Engine and check it out, they also got to try on their air tanks to see how heavy they are.
The weather was in the 80's, and Cory and Rich had to wear their uniforms all day in the heat. Those uniforms are not cool in the least. Cory came home exhausted, and all he did was stand there and talk all day! The heat sure takes it out of ya!
Kassie climbing down out of the Engine. It just so happened that her friend Jace was climbing down at the same time, so I got both of them in the picture! She was so excited cuz she got to ride the Engine home from school with her Dad! I just thought it was cute that these two girls weren't really interested in all that was going on, so they just found a shady spot to hang out til they were done! So I learned a little bit by standing there listening. We really need to have a better family fire plan. I don't think we have ever really talked about it with Kambree, so it is going to be the topic of a FHE real soon. Do you have a family fire plan???

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you caught a picture of Jace...Thanks.

I bet Kassie was on cloud nine having her dad there...so fun for her :)

Actually we do have a fire plan. My house burned when I was younger & it was very scary. The whole first floor fell in.

We planned a fire escape for a FHE a couple of years ago. We are all suppose to meet at the swing set & if Brandon & I aren't there when the kids get there, Chaz is suppose to come knock on our window & Jace is suppose to run to grandma Joan's & wake her up (just in case we're knocked out or something). We told them if they hear the fire alarm to never go to the door because their room is on the opposite side of the house from our room so for us it works better to automatically go out the window. We've ran through it a couple of times & made the kids take the screen out of the window & everything. It's scary & you can never be too safe.

Our Newman 6 said...

Awesome Day for Kassie! My kids came home all excited that they new the firemen at school. We are so lucky to have cory and rich live so close. Thanks for all you do guys.

Ask cory if he know anything about a broken fire hydrant in front of my house? I haven't worried to much because the canal is full of water that could be pumped out of. But, it is dropping everyday. I would hate to have a fire, we do have a plan but it is always a good reminder to go over your plan often Thanks!

TiffaniS said...

What a great day for Kassie & the rest of the kids who got to meet real firemen!!!

We did a practice fire drill for FHE last night and holy cow, you should have heard all the crazy questions it brought in to Nicholas' mind! It was too funny. I'm glad we did it because there were really valid questions and misconceptions that the kids had.

The Petersen's said...

Hey.. so is hair styles for girls.. is that your blog too?

Amy Jo said...

It was fun to see fireman other than Tremonton guys at our school. They did a great job. I would have died with all their stuff on. Cory is lucky he didn't get heat stroke or something...it was a hot one