Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Lava Hot Springs

Cory is finally getting caught up at work, with the help of a couple new employees, so we decided to get in another camping trip with the kids before school starts. We ended up at a campground close to Lava Hot Springs last weekend. We were there for four days, and it was so nice to get away with just the kids and have some family time and fun. Our little camping spot, very nice and shady. Why is it kids are always drawn to water.... even if they are not getting in it? Here they all are, just throwing rocks in.

Kassie and the water slide at the Lava pool. She thought these were the best!
They swam for hours...... long after Mom and Dad had had enough!
It was a fun weekend despite these 5 stitches from slipping at the pool......
...... and the flat tire on the trailer on the way there! (of which I don't have a picture of, because I was busy changing it while Cory watched! :D))

4 comments:

TiffaniS said...

Hi. So glad you had a good time even with the flat tire & stitches. It's good Cory can rest a bit. It looks like such a fun place! We haven't been there forever! (Layne & I used to go quite a bit when we lived in Pocatello. That seems like another life time ago.)

The Doutre Family said...

Ew. I hope she's okay. No fun. I always admire people brave enough to go camping with kids. It's lots of work!

Amy Jo said...

I bet we weren't too far behind you...you must change a tire pretty fast. If we had known you guys were headed there, maybe we could have got together for a couple hours before we headed on up north. Lava is a blast! My kids love the slides too. Did you float the river?

Anonymous said...

If it's not one thing, it's always another, hu?? I'm glad you guys had a good time. It looks like your kids figured out how to play with each other. The camping spot looks shady and quiet. . aaahhhh!!