Thursday, August 14, 2008

My Bedding

This is my Bedding. I saw it at ZCMI probably 9 years ago..... and I loved it. It was so expensive for us at that time, so I knew I would never have it, but every time we were at the mall, I would go to ZCMI and admire it. One of the Doctors (who was single) that I worked for bought a new house, and was busy furnishing and decorating it. We were talking one day, and he was telling me his new bed was being delivered the next week, and he wanted to get new bedding... so he was looking. I convinced him (wasn't too hard) to go to the mall at lunch and see my "dream" bedding. He loved it too, and bought it that day. I went home and told Cory about it.... kinda sad that Lamont would have my bedding... but I would not. I don't know the time frame for sure, but I really think it was only days, and I came home from work, and the drapes were hung, and the bedding on my bed. What a good husband I have, huh? We bought a king size bed 3 years ago, so I had to find a duvet that would match, so now I just fold the Queen comforter at the bottom of the bed.
The paint that I started 6 years ago when we moved in.... and still haven't finished.... really matches better than this photo shows... so don't look at that.
Anyway, my whole point.... my almost 10 year old bedding is falling apart. As you can see, I had to retire the pillowcases today. It makes me sad. I have loved this bedding, the sheets and all! Poor old pillowcases.... they have made our heads happy for so long.... you'll be missed! :(
The moral of the story..... you get what you pay for! Would walmart or target bedding last 10 + years? "(I say + ....... cuz the rest of it is still kickin')
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: