Saturday, August 2, 2008

The "Breaking Dawn" OBSESSION

So who doesn't love a good Vampire book? I have been obsessed. To say the least...... So here a few "mementos" from the release of the last book from the Twilight series "Breaking Dawn" that went on sale at Midnight last night..... or this morning..... (however you choose to look at it!) What a great time..... but we missed those friends..... *whose husbands had to have a Birthday on the release date! (the nerve!) *who had a newborn (can you believe there were ladies there with their babies? poor little ones should have been at home in their beds!) *who had to work The parking lot of the local Borders bookstore..... is not this full or crowded on a Saturday in the middle of the day! This is just a small area of the store that was this packed in every nook and cranney. Just to people watch was enjoyable...... strange costumes, T-Shirts, the young and the old..... you name it, they were there. (Yes, even a few guys) The Borders staff were just a little "stressed" , you could say. This is a picture of the lady who could not calm herself, and would yell into her little microphone telling us all to "BE QUIET" so we could hear them telling us all how to line up to purchase our books.

This particular pillar in the store is where we happened to end up standing to "wait".
Right next to the phone...... that the staff never answered.
So we decided to "help".
If you called and were put on hold for like..... "Forever".......
Sorry..... we just couldn't stand to listen to that phone ring any longer!
We heard another girl close by tell her friends that her friend just sent her a text and that the books were selling at walmart too............ and NO WAITING!
So off to walmart we went too............ grabbed our books and were home by 12:45 am!
Now if you'll excuse me..........
I HAVE ALOT OF READING TO DO! I have this really good book I'm into right now.............

8 comments:

TiffaniS said...

What great fun! Thanks!!

Amy Jo said...

i must have missed the invite.....
i will try to move my b-day for next year.

bart.

Anonymous said...

Sure it was a lof of fun.

Heidi said...

so sorry i missed it. Angie sent me some pics o her phone WOW that is alot of dedicated readers!!! I am way excited to read it too. and thanks to my good friends who got me a copy. I O U BIG!!!!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! I can't wait to read it I am waiting for my friend to finish hers and then I am so there.

Katie B said...

There was no invite, Bart. I had no idea you were such a Twilight and Vampire fan.... Not to mention the "Mama Mia" movie before hand. (Maybe we should have all gone in and got you some cute purple jumpsuit and go-go boots for your Birthday!)

I guess my mistake again for thinking Amy Jo would want to spend your Birthay with you....

I have a Birthday coming up in a couple of weeks..... if it's possible to move it, I'd like in on that one..... I'd like to move mine back about 4-5 years! :D

amber said...

How fun! I was bummed to miss it..but what great friends you are to bring me one at work at 1 am after all that! Thanks so much!

~ Katie said...

You are so hooked. You need the vinyl sticker in the back of your tahoe that says MY LIPS BELONG TO MY HUSBAND BUT MY NECK BELONGS TO EDWARD! I so want to read these books. Maybe I'll pick the 1st one up this week. Hey is Cory on the Thatcher Dept?