On Saturday August 2nd, Cory and I were able to go with the youth of our ward to the Twin Falls Idaho temple open house. We had great time, and the temple is beautiful, of course. But the best part about this experience for me, was to watch the kids faces during the tour. Most of them have not been able to go through a temple yet, other than baptisms for the dead, so they were really in awe and paid a lot of attention to the tour guide. I was especially glad that they were able to feel of the wonderful spirit that comes only from being in the house of the Lord.
Bothwell YM & YW leaders and the youth who were able to attend.
Cory and I in front (or actually behind) the Twin Falls Temple.
After the temple tour we were able to go as a group to the Shoshone Falls. How Beautiful! I can't believe we had never been there before, and it's not that far from home! Just an amazing sight, and we were able to have a picnic dinner on the grass, up in a shady area on a hill, overlooking the falls. Just a really great experience for the youth, and we were lucky enough to be able to be there.
The Young Men's presidency was released the following day...... so it was their final activity and it was a great one to end on.




1 comments:
How beautiful is the temple and that waterfall?! So glad you had a good day.
Post a Comment