I purchased this book on Friday night at midnight.
I finished this book this morning at 12:30 am.
I have only seen 4 reviews so far. 2 of them were not very good...... they felt it was really bad, predictable, rushed, and that Stephenie Meyer was just writing and rushing it to get her "pay day". They also felt there was too much adult content for young adults.
I really liked this book. I was not disappointed at all, and felt there were many surprises that I didn't even think would happen in this book. I do agree that it felt rushed at the end, like she was summarizing the info she wanted in the book, and needed to wrap it up. I also felt there was some adult content..... I don't think I would let my teen read this one..... (too much detail for what happens in an intimate relationship between a husband and wife)
All in all..... I thought it was the BEST of the Twilight series. A good read I couldn't put down.

8 comments:
I'M NOT THROUGH IT YET!!! CAN'T WAIT!
I'm only on page 484 and its late or early in the morning and ireally want to keep reading, but i guess my eyes ache to bad so tomorrow i will finish.
I finished last night, and iv'e been rummaging it through my head all day. i loved it, but was a little different at the end than i had expected. I WAS POSITIVE THE VOLTURI WOULD NOT LEAVE ALIVE.... I wanted them messed up.....
sorry but i did
I finished last night, and I agree with you and Heidi. I loved it, but the Volturi should be damaged. . I think she just left it open incase she decides to do something with it later on.
I did love the book, though!
Finally done! I liked it to, but felt it was too much of an 'adult' read...NOT FOR MY YW!!! I hope she will continue with the story someday. I think a fight with the Volturi would be awesome! They need to be taken out of power
Thank you for the review. I don't think I will ever pick up the book, or any of them. But Afton has been reading the first two and I've heard MANY people say that the next one is not for young teens. Thanks for being honest about that. Glad you all liked it. I'll stick with Lonesome Dove and Gone with the Wind. Have any of you read My Antonia by Willa Cather? If you haven't, you should!
I haven't even started yet and I'm dying. I am glad to hear a review from someone I know and trust. Good to know. That's too bad she didn't take her time to finish it up at the end but I am so excited to read it.
It was great! I have been trying to decide if it was my favorite of the 4 and I don't think so, but they are all really good. Yep, I too wanted a battle at the end. She had me all geared up and then.... Anyway, it was great fun and I look forward to the movie.
Post a Comment