....turned 8 today. What a sweetheart. So full of life, and too busy to be bothered with trivial stuff.... like eating, sleeping, and especially putting things away. I knew she was going to be a spit-fire before she was even born. She would stretch, and stretch, til it was killing me, and when I would push back so it wouldn't hurt so much, she would haul off and kick me. yep, a spit-fire. :) So grateful everyday for her sweet smile and fun loving spirit in our home. I feel humbled that our Father in Heaven would allow me to be her mother. A blessing.
The picture on the left is her hospital picture. The one on the right she is 5 months old. I cannot believe it has been 8 years! She is growing into a beautiful young lady, with a sweet spirit about her. She is soooo good with academics, especially math. She just seems to pick it up rather easily. Her teacher has been sending home packets of third grade math with multiplication problems because she is getting bored with what the rest of the class is learning. She is in second grade but reading at the end of a third grade level. We are so proud of her!
Kassie is also a great help with her little sister and brother. She is always willing to play with them and include them. She will always help with changing a diaper or running to get whatever I need. Sometimes she has a hard time keeping all that energy under wraps. We find her running laps around the house.... for fun! Last summer she really loved the mini 4-wheeler... grandma had told her not to ride without a helmet, and NO STANDING while driving.... she just couldn't help but jump on and go, forgetting the helmet and standing up anyway. She lost control and ran into Grandma Arlene and Grandpa Chris' garage door. It still holds the great dent today! Kassie has a hard time picking up her things and putting things away... I don't believe it's laziness, I really think her little mind is going a hundred miles a minute, and she is just anxious to get on to the next thing, leaving a wake in her path! I am constantly on her to pick up her things.... I just have to call her name, and stand there and look at the mess, and she gets to cleaning it up.... I don't have to say a word! We love you Kassie and are grateful you are a part of our family! I am looking forward to all our fun family times, and to see the wonderful young woman you will become!


1 comments:
You have some really great kids. What a little sweetie.
Post a Comment