Monday, May 12, 2008

Running a Mile....

.... is way more than her mom could do! Way to go Kassie!
Last Wednesday her school participated in the Presidential Fitness program. Kass had to do several activities before hand to qualify for this day. She did, and ran her little heart out, in the pouring rain to accomplish her goal of running a mile. I still have not heard what her time was, but it doesn't matter, she did it! We are so proud of her.
After her race, I took her over to the Pie Dump for a donut and rootbeer, so we could get out of the rain! The Pie Dump is right across from the football field and track, so we could see the third graders running their race, while we were somewhere warm.
(These pictures are a bit blurry, I took them from quite a ways away, with my smaller lens, but then my camera died. I borrowed a friends camera, and used the larger lens, so when I get those pictures from her, I will post those.... hint hint angie)

8 comments:

The Doutre Family said...

Wow! You guys have been busy! How fun to watch them run and sing and tumble! Tell your mom I LOVE the orange couch but not as much as the blue Christmas tree...

Amy Jo said...

Way to go Kassie!
By the way, I knew it was Tuesday, I just wanted to put Wednesday to see it anyone was watching!

Anonymous said...

congrats Kassie! Good Job.

Arlene said...

Cari, The couch was actually brown and gold floral(wild huh)and the Christmas tree is flocked, so I guess it looked blue....it really wasn't blue, just multi-colored lights.

Anonymous said...

They were all troopers in that rain weren't they?? Or maybe crazy is a better word, I don't know!! Good job Kassie, it doesn't matter what you time was, just that you finished like a pro!! Way to go girl!!

P.S. Thanks for the pics of me & Jace.

Anonymous said...

...I mean youR time...you are so right Katie, you need to be able to edit your comments...

TiffaniS said...

What fun posts! I loved the pics of your Mom and your family! Kassie is so great! We adore her!

Kristian said...

good job kassie! glad you made it. i know how hard it is to keep up.