Today I am having a little Christmas "Let Down" I guess you could call it. It's not really a depression, just sad to see it all end. I really enjoyed it this year. (strange since it started out like not feeling like Christmas to me, and feeling like I wanted another month before it came) I could have come away with not one gift for myself, and it would have been just as good. I LOVE that feeling of shopping for someone, and then giving it to them...... hoping it makes them happy. We really tried to have a more Christ centered Christmas this year, and more family activities. We spent more time than usual with each other, and I just don't want to see it end. I asked Cory last night... "Do you really have to go to work tomorrow?" I have really enjoyed just being at home with my family all day long, and soing activites and playing together day after day. I think we all should have this kind of "Vacation" every year. The kind where you stay at home, and everything else in life ceases, and you are just TOGETHER. Normal vacations consist of planning, traveling, running here or there to see this and that, and it's just busy and hectic. Not to mention a lot of work and money. I am liking the kind of Vacation where we just stay home and focus on each other and doing things together.
6 years ago
4 comments:
Oh, I am SOOO feeling the same way. That's why I stayed in my PJ's all day...I just don't want to get back to "normal" yet :(
Normal...what is that? I am sitting here in my jammies and everyone else is still in bed and it is almost 9:00. We are lazy at our house.:)
I agree who wants to get dressed and ruin a GOOD DAY of fun just being Lazy. These vacations go by way to fast I to am just enjoying being home and hanging out with the family. ENJOY!!!!
Hi Katie! I loved sitting here looking at your recent posts...pictures of your beautiful kids and reading about your Christmas! It goes by too fast doesn't it.
Post a Comment