Wednesday, March 26, 2008

She's FINALLY here!!.....

Yea! Aaron and Amy's baby FINALLY arrived last night at 9:18pm, weighing in at a whopping 9 pounds and 7 ounces, 21 1/2 inches, with dark hair and oh so beautiful! They are naming her Gracey Lynn Thurgood. It was a long wait, they went in thinking she was going to have to have a C-Section and they decided to "induce" labor and see if they could get her body to respond the way it needed to. (at this point she was already a week over due) It worked! So we waited, and waited, and waited all day, till she was complete. It was great timing for Amy's dad, who flew in from Las Vegas, and after a 3 hour delay at the Vegas airport, he arrived at about 8:30pm.

Their very first Family Picture. Gracey was only about 30 minutes old.
I took this picture this morning, I LOVE it! Aaron was holding Gage and Gracie, and they were both just talking to her, and gage was saying things that made Aaron laugh. He is so cute! I can't believe my little brother is a Dad! He was just so amazed last night, it brought him to tears, and it was so cool to witness that! He is loving every minute of this, and I am so grateful that I could be there with them. I just wish I would have taken more pictures of her face today, I was too busy holding her and talking, and didn't get too many. All I have are the ones from last night, as you can see below.
She was so wide awake and checking out everyone and everything.... What a doll! Her tongue was going a hundred miles and hour, in and out, and trying to eat her blanket... you'd think at 9 and half pounds she wouldn't need to eat already!

9 comments:

Heather said...

Holy Cow! That's a long day of labor, but whew! Glad she didn't have to have a C-section. What a sweet little thing. Congrats, aunt Katie! Congrats, Aaron and Amy! Welcome to sleepless nights... he he he.

Heidi said...

She is beautiful, I can almost smell that yummy baby lotion! A miracle....no doubt.

Lisa Summers & Fam said...

Yeah!!! I feel bad it took so long and that she had to go over her due date. I am so excited for them, and it will only brings good things!!!!!

Tiffany Joy said...

I cannot believe that big of a baby fit in such a tiny girl. That was probably a real surprise.. she's darling though. Did you get to stay down there all day and everything?

amber said...

Congratulations! They all look so sweet. As for the 9 lb babies... they are ALWAYS hungry! That was the main reason TJ was bottle fed after 2 weeks!

Anonymous said...

How fun!! Your family is going to be very busy with all these cute new little babies around :)

Amy Jo said...

I love her name! You will have enough babies around that you won't even get baby hungry. I love cubby babies. You just want to mug on them all the time! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

I can see the look of pure happiness in Aaron's face. That's awesome! Congratulations to everyone!

Anonymous said...

Katie, I love your pictures, its been awhile since I got on here. I have always had a soft spot for Aaron and he looks so cute with his new little girl. Tell him congrats for me please.