Wow! My dad is 60 years old today! (March 10th) Time just flies. 60 used to sound so old, now I think it's young! He better have a good 30 years or more left!
What a great man! I am such a lucky girl! I am so blessed to have him in my life and my kids lives. He is such a great example to all of us, wise and full of great advice. He comes across as quiet and mellow, but once you get to know him, he has a great sense of humor, and is so much fun!
Cory is so grateful for him too. His dad died in 1991, and although my dad could never take Gary's place, Cory has said many times, that he is his Dad. He can go to him with anything and feels like he can ask him for anything.
I am also grateful that my kids are the oldest grandkids, because they will always have more time with him, and get to know him better. Especially living right next door. We lived next door to his mom, my grandma margaret, in Syracuse. I am so grateful for that, and the time I had to spend with her. She taught me alot, I just wish I would have been a little older, so that things would have been more important to me, and I would have paid more attention.
This is typically the kind of pictures I get of Dad, if he knows that you are going to take his picture. Usually it is a picture of the bottom of his boot, he just lifts his foot and puts it between my camera and his face! UGHHHHH! I have always just deleted those pictures, but this time I had a use for one, and didn't have it, so from now on they are just going to be added to the collection. His great grandchildren will be looking at pictures of Great Grandpa's boots for years to come!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!! WE LOVE YOU BAW-PAW!
6 years ago
9 comments:
I'm so glad that you have such a great relationship with your dad. And honestly, I'm surprised he is 60! He doesn't seem that old. I was never that close to my grandparents because I hardly knew them, so I too am grateful for my kids to have grandparents close by..and I hope too that you get ATLEAST another 30 years with him!!
I think your dad is one of these men who don't always say what they think, but when they do it is something very profound. I enjoy Chris's sense of humor and learning from the things he has to say. Happy Birthday Chris!!
Your dad is such an amazing man! He always has such a great spirit with him, and he is so great with the youth.
i wish I knew your father better, I have heard alot about him, all good things. He seems to be very spiritual and very comfortable to be around. You are very very lucky to have such a great dad!!
I really envy you having such an awesome dad. We always say we want to be Chris and Arlene when we grow up because we, too, think you have amazing parents. I appreciate the opportunity to work with both of them so closely in the YM/YW programs. You ARE a lucky girl!! Happy Birthday Mr. T!!
Your dad is Amazing and yes you are lucky to have him in you and your families life. I think everyone looks up to your dad and not just because he is tall he jus has this strong spirit that surrounds him he is so kind and friendly to everyone. He is very soft spoken and crazy at the same time. He certainly does not look like he is 60. I love both of your parents and feel very blessed to serve with them and the youth of our ward. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS! I
I love your tribute to your dad. he doesn't seem 60 but I agree the older I get the less I think a certain age is old. I don't know him very well but I guess I should get to know him. I also hope you have another 30 years more with each other!!!
I've known of your Dad practically my whole life. I've always admired him. I'm so glad I've had the opportunity to get to know him more. I agree with Amy Jo about the profound things he says. I admire a person who takes the time to think before he speaks. He has a solid testimony and to me is a spiritual giant. Happy Birthday Chris!
Are your parents making out behind that napkin! Eww... Thanks for all your help today with Avery and Addy at the doctors office. You should definetly get a raise!
Post a Comment