Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Easter Eggs....

We dye Easter Eggs every year for family night on the monday before easter. The kids really look forward to it, as you can see so does my Dad. He really gets into it! His favorite are the marbled ones! Him and Martha Stewart are great buds! :) Mom and Dad come over every year to do eggs, we have alot of fun and look forward to it. Except for maybe Cory.... he doesn't hate it, I just wouldn't say he looks forward to it! :) Gage had fun...for a few minutes, and then he was off to play with his tools. I made him pose and show his egg with his name on it. Everytime I say "smile" he scrunches up his face, and closes his eyes. What a funny boy! Layne and Tiffani had tickets to Beauty and the Beast, so we watched Thomas while they went. He LOVED the easter eggs! He got into it more than Gage. So we made him his own egg with his name on it and sent it home with him. He was so much fun to watch! I swear I took a picture of Kassie making an egg for her friend Hailee Jo, but it's not in the file....don't know where it went.

6 comments:

The Doutre Family said...

What a fun family tradition! I was looking at the picture of Thomas and thinking, "Isn't that a Summers boy" before I read more and figured it out. I'm such a spaz...

TiffaniS said...

I'm glad he got to do eggs with you guys because we did ours tonight after he was in bed. The sweet little man was too tired! Thanks for letting him participate!

Heidi said...

My mom has dyed eggs every year that i cann remember, even to this day. Sometimes she will even do it twice, once with the grandkids and then she will do it when it is a little less "hetic". she loves to leave them in for a long time so they get nice and dark....none of the kids are that patient.
Your dad does love it, he has gloves and everything!!! awesome!!

Lisa Summers & Fam said...

I love family traditions. We are going to dye the eggs tomorrow when Jason gets back. I bet your kids just loved doing them with Grandma & Grandpa.

Amy Jo said...

I love coloring eggs. My sister did it with my kids while we were gone. So we will have to wait until next year. It is fun to see the adults get into it as much as the kids.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.