Friday, January 30, 2009

Flashback Friday

** A friend has started Flashback Friday on her blog.... and I loved the idea.... so this is the first of many to come**
Jen & Buff
My two best friends through childhood and High School.... I can't say enough about them. They are one of the reasons I had such a great childhood.
They kept me good, and made it easy to make good choices. I Love them both to this day.

Katie, Melanie, Buffey, Jen, & Sharla

Katie, Buffey, & Jen (in the slide)

These pictures were taken at the Syracuse Elementary "Big Toy" as it was called. I am guessing these were taken in the fall of 1991.

Jen, Buff, & Katie

Katie, Buff, & Jen

Seriously ugly hair...... I can't believe I left the house like that. I remember these were impromptu photos. On a Sunday afternoon. We had fun, but man...... Nasty hair.

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Amy Jo said...

The hair is great...I think you guys would have fit right in with the Bear River hair. Isn't is fun to remember all the good times with friends from the past. Knowing you, you were probably just as good as a friend to them as they were to you.

Our Newman 6 said...

What are you talking about that is no nasty hair..hahahaha I guess cause it looks way familiar I have pics that my hair looks just like that. Katie you are a sweetheart we need a girls night out I feel like I haven't seen you FOREVER!!!

TiffaniS said...

Oh...I am going to love these posts. I just may have to copy the idea on my blog. The "hair" was just how we all did it back then. (Not nasty.) Thank goodness for good friends in all stages of life. I can say the same things about 'Janese & Janalee' back in my childhood years. Great post! It's fun to see you back in the early 90s.

Tiffany Joy said...

Now that is one awesome post. Friends are the best. I know how they say family is so important and it is, but friends are so dang important at all stages of life, but I think especially during those teenage years.

Erin Larsen said...

The hair is my favorite!!!! You rock

Tara Bennett said...

I love your post! I'm so glad you're going to do FBF, I think it's so much fun! I recognized everyone in the pictures, had to reminisce about the Syracuse Elementary big toy, and I'm totally diggin the hair.

Heidi said...

I was really enjoying this post until i saw that picture was taken in 91.... what was i doing in 91, getting married!!! ugh... Great post i love it!!! A true friend is priceless.

Page said...

Ya, the hair is nasty!! But your right, what good friends you have!!

jen said...

Yeah--the hair is nasty, but we had so much together!!!

Kristian said...

nice hair...and clothes! ha ha