For some reason.... those two words just don't seem like they should even go together.
NOT AT ALL.
Medicine that's Nuclear? Seriously?
But yes, they do. And I had the "privilege" of spending the last 2 days with it/them.
Thursday morning I had an appointment at 10 am to swallow 2 capsules that had to be flown in from Chicago, cuz it's not just something they keep around any pharmacy..... they were labeled as "radio active" and I had to SWALLOW them. Talk about freak you out.
(This test was to help them decide whether the "Nodules" on my Thyroid are Cysts or Cancer.)
This particular test then measures the amount of "Nuclear Medicine" that my thyroid absorbs. If it's a normal amount, they are probably just cysts. If it's an enormous amount, then Cancer..... that always makes for a great week.
But the results were good. Probably just cysts.... because my Thyroid had "Normal Uptake". Guess we will see the specialist on the 3rd and go from there.
Thank goodness for small little miracles.
And if I'm "glowing"..... I most certainly am NOT pregnant. I'm just radio active. wheww....

2 comments:
Whew is right! I'm sorry you had to swallow that stuff and so very glad that you got good news. Now...on to battle the 'nodules'! (spelling?)
I completely understand the glowing part. Pretty scary stuff.
I am glad you got better news. That is a huge relief!
Post a Comment