Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunday & Music

I didn't go to church today with the best attitude.
There were many things that contributed to my attitude today, that we won't get into, but needless to say.... I just plain didn't want to be there.

What is it with these little children? How is it they know what you need, and have innocent answers that you need to hear? Who ever said that the adults can't get anything from a primary lesson? A simple lesson on how we CTR by keeping the commandments can put things in perspective.... it really can be that easy if we let it.

Sacrament Meeting was just as great.... with 4 prospective elders speaking about the savior and singing a couple of songs that you can't help but feel the spirit.

Which brings me to what I have been pondering since Church.....

MUSIC
What is it with music that touches me? In essence.... it's just words. Words have not had much meaning to me in life. Anyone can say anything, but it's the actions behind them that mean the most to me. Actions are what speak to me.... so I can't help but wonder why music has a way to reach my soul? Words set to music..... but I love it.
Can you imagine a world without it?
I could go to church every week, and listen to nothing but music, and feel of the spirit, come away uplifted and taught of the gospel. Those that are blessed with that talent have been entrusted with a great responsibility from their Heavenly Father. What a blessing it is.
I look forward to great church meetings with Music. Thanks Layne for a great
Sacrament Meeting!

1 comments:

Amy Jo said...

I agree with you. Music can speak to our hearts when nothing else can. Those guys did a great job. It is funny how we get answers to problems or whatever is troubling us when we go to church. I am glad your day ended up better.