Thursday, April 3, 2008

Today...

.... was one of those days where you look at what you accomplished off of that "to do" list, and don't see one thing crossed off! I hate that..... but I also love it, too. I had so much I wanted to get done today..... like mostly cleaning my house. I have to work tomorrow, so I really wanted my house clean, so I didn't have to do it when I get home tomorrow, or Saturday. I like my Saturday's to be free of all that crap, and to just enjoy the fact that Cory is home, and the kids are home from school. We don't necessarily do everything as a family, but we still have that option, and can just enjoy the day. I guess we'll be cleaning now! Gage and Kambree both have these "colds" that have them grumpy, whiney, and just plain ornery. I didn't think they were really that sick, just a little runny nose and cough. (like what most kids have all winter anyway) But, right from the get go this morning, they both wanted me, and only me, to do everything for them, to feed them, to rock them, to watch a movie with them, to read to them, etc..... and it seemed it was a battle of the wills between the two to see who could get mom to do their bidding. So needless to say, we spent the day playing cars, reading stories, playing with play dough, watching the chipmunks (twice) and rocking in the rocking chair. Kambree was supposed to go to preschool at 11:30, at 11:00 I told her to go put on her grey crocs, but she wanted to wear her pink ones (that did not match) I told her no, so she threw this big fit and went running to her room. I went in about 2 minutes later to help her, and she was asleep on her bed! Like I was going to mess with that!! She didn't wake up til 1:40! Yea! The bad thing was that G didn't go down til 1:00 so that didn't leave me with alot of time to get anything done! Oh-Well! My house will wait, and they are growing like weeds everyday, and they won't want me to rock them for long! Today was a blessing in disguise!

6 comments:

amber said...

I love days like this! When its all over and you can just be so happy that you got to be the one home with them all day! We really have the BEST job.

Anonymous said...

I LOVED days like that when my kids were little too. They do grow so fast. Then they are all in school before you know it & you don't have the day to spend with them anymore. We have to enjoy days like this when we can, huh? It's funny how these days seem to be our most memorable ones. Your kids are lucky to have a mom who sees an unfinished to-do list as a blessing!!

Tiffany Joy said...

Remember the mom that wore out two copies of the cat in the hat? These are the days..
p.s. when you are done cleaning your house tomorrow, you can start on mine
p.p.s quilt block #5 is so cute and so tedious..

Anonymous said...

so true!

Amy Jo said...

I try to do that everyday I get home from work. You should see my house! Or maybe I am just to tired to clean it.
You're a great mom! Enjoy, enjoy enjoy your moments with them. Time with our kids is something we take for granted at times.

The Doutre Family said...

I always tell myself that they are only little once! It's good to enjoy them while you can and their willing!