Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Headstone for an Awesome Man....

Lamont's headstone was set last week, I have not seen it in person yet, but my good friend Nicole went up to the cemetary and took these, and shared them with me. We had lunch yesterday at noodles in Layton. Most everyone was there, including Lamont's wife Debbie and their kids, Aspen and Marshall. The granite that Debbie ordered for it to be set on is not in yet, so they set it on this one temporarily so that it could be set in time for his birthday. The bronze looks so awesome to me. It brings me to tears to see it, I don't know why but seeing it there, with his name on it makes it more real for me. I just think it is the most fantastic headstone I have ever seen! You really need to click on the picture and get a closer look at the work. I am so excited to go see it in real life! Debbie also bought the plot directly above his so that they could set a bench on it. It is right next to the flower bed, so I think it will be a nice spot for them to come and visit.
*
He is buried right next to that little boy from Idaho who died last year from eating that contaminated spinach. How sad. There is also a little girl buried on the other side and Nicole said that her little girl wanted to know why Heavenly Father takes people back before they are old! What an opportunity to teach your child about our Heavenly Father's plan for us, and how grateful we should be, and blessed we are to have eternal families!
*
My favorite part is the "taught others to see" at the top. He was an Opthalmologist, but the taught others to see had nothing to do with eyesight for me. He was so insightful, and always had a different perspective to share with you. He literally taught me to see things in a new light with greater understanding of the gospel, among other things. He taught me so much. I know you have all heard this before, so I will stop. Just had to share with everyone, even though you did not know him I think we can all learn from this family how to endure with faith.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That really is beautiful!! I've never seen anything like it before!! I'm glad you were able to have such a wonderful person & example in your life that you will never forget. Sounds like we all need a "Lamont" in our lives.

Heidi said...

wow! that is beautiful. just the way you talk about him is such a tribute to him. i can totally tell how much you respect him, it is awesome when people like that enter our lives.

Lisa Summers & Fam said...

That is amazingly beautiful. Thanks for sharing this with all of us. I agree with Amy we can all have Lamonts in our life that can strengthen us and be that example we need.

TiffaniS said...

So very touching. Thanks for sharing.

Heather said...

If it's something special to you, then I'm not tired of hearing about it. I just wish I'd known him, he sounds like such a remarkable person. Glad he made your life richer. love ya...

Amy Jo said...

It is an awesome headstone. People like that are always in our hearts whether they are alive or dead. It seems when they die, we always wish we would have spent more time with them and paid more attention to the insightful things they could have taught us. The things he taught you seemed to impact your life so much...he will never be forgotton. It is nice to have someone like that in our lives. I think we all hope we can be that person for someone else.

Tiffany Joy said...

That was a great comment from Amy Jo. What else to be said? It really is such a beautiful headstone.

Anonymous said...

Katie that is very nice, it is a beautiful headstone.

Anonymous said...

Wow! The pictures on there are amazing. . and what a great way for those kids to know that their daddy loved them. He sounds like a remarkable man, and you are very blessed to have had him in your life. I believe that the people in our lives are no accident. Our Father in Heaven knows us and our needs. . you are so lucky to have known him.