Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Busy, Busy, FHE'S......

...Wow we have had a few busy Family Home Evenings the last three weeks. We usually only try to have an "activity" once a month (if that) but lately it has just worked out that we have had a lot going on for family night. Here's what's been happening........ Last night we got a call from C&R that our "new little tax deduction" that we ordered back in March had come in! We were so surprised, we didn't think it was coming until the first of May, so we all piled in the car and in to town we went to check it out! The kids were so excited! Camping anyone???? After all of that, we went in to Pizza Plus for pizza and a few arcade games while we waited. The kids had a ball, and I didn't have to cook! (that's always a +!!)

On the 31st of March, Cory decided he wanted us all to go bowling and eat dinner at the bowling alley for FHE. So off we all went, although we had a lot of fun I would not recommend this one for any of you with a few kids. For one game of bowling, shoe rentals, and dinner it was a whoppin' $60! Ouch.... we weren't expecting that one!
We got tickets to the Beauty and The Beast play at the Old Barn Theater on March 24. We found out later that the Newman's got tickets for that night too, so we all went together. We had so much fun, and the play was really good too! It was a lot of fun for the girls to actually know someone in it too! Thanks Jed!
The girls posing during intermission at one of the pieces of Scenery.
With Gaston (aka...Elton John....aka Jed Christensen) after the play. Kambree is still talking about how Maverick's Dad "was a bad guy....but not in real life."
Way to go JED!! Best Gaston EVER!!
For those of you who missed it..... sorry.... you really missed out!

7 comments:

Amy Jo said...

Get planning a camping trip and lets go!!

Our Newman 6 said...

We want to go camping also!! You will love having a trailer it has been the best investment ever for our family. Though we have been looking for a couple years to upgrade maybe this is the year. We have had our trailer 13 years this June and to think about the many camping trips we have are priceless. HAPPY CAMPING!!!

Heather said...

Whew! that's posh!!! he he he Good memories are on the way...

Tiffany Joy said...

I've never met anyone that regretted buying a trailer. So I'm sure you'll have loads of memories..

As for the post, I loved it! I think it's great that you guys have FHE every week. I think it's important for everyone in the family.

Loved the last pic..

amber said...

There is no better way to camp! (unless you count the hotel) Joe makes an AWESOME dutch oven pizza! (yep, that's all we can make at our house)

Lisa Summers & Fam said...

I love to read your blog. FHE seems like so much fun at your house. My kids don't enjoy the lesson part, but if we do something fun they are all for it!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! Can't wait to go camping! I can't wait to look at your trailer. . I'm betting it's beautiful!