Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Ultimate Snow Day.....

.....Wow! This is the snow storm I have been hoping for all year, actually for a few years!! I love it when it snows like this! It's just too bad it didn't happen on a school day so school could be canceled! This is the kind of snow we used to get when I was a kid and I was so excited for my kids that I actually got all dressed in snow gear and went out to play with them! (and if you know me and being cold, that is a big deal) Gage spent the majority of the day in the skidloader with uncle Aaron. He loved it! He dozed off at one point, we tried to get him out, he threw a fit, and insisted on staying. So he never had a nap all day.

This is how far our suburban made it out of the garage this morning as we were trying to leave for Stake Conference. (I am standing in the garage taking the picture) We hit a large drift in the back that covered the bumper and back tires. So we all piled out and went in and changed our clothes. Guess we're snowed in!
Kambree on top of the Mountain of snow out by the road. Can you see the top of the six foot fence posts on the bottom left?
Kassie on the Mountain of snow by the driveway. She had a blast climbing up and sliding back down again. She is about even with the roof of the house. She thought that was so cool.
I posted these pictures so you can see the difference. The picture on the left was taken last week and the one on the right was taken this morning about 10:15 am, it continued to snow until about 4:00pm. All together we figure anywhere from about 12-18 inches. It is hard to tell when the wind blew so much and made such large drifts everywhere.

10 comments:

Tiffany Joy said...

Looks like you figured the underline thing. Good job! I wish I would have taken a picture of my car in my driveway too as I was leaving for stake conference. I was stuck all day! I don't think we were meant to hear the spiritual message at conference...

The Doutre Family said...

It was so exciting to wake up to all that snow. We had someone come and plow us out with a big tractor, I love Bothwell! I told Clayton I'm converting to Bothwellism! I don't want to leave now!

Lisa Summers & Fam said...

I loved the snow, but I was being a pain and decided we were all going anyways. We went and came home and then Jason helped clean a few people out. I guess living on the main road does have a silverlining. I wish had enjoyed the snow with you guys. We all should have got together at the church and had a snow fight.

TiffaniS said...

I love your new background and these pics are so much fun! As I was enjoying being snowed in, I just kept wishing Layne was in the house with us instead of outside on the tractor! I should have been a good sport like you and went out with him!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're so happy about all the snow Katie, good for you.

Amy Jo said...

If you got any of Bart in the tractor, I would love you to email them to me. It is always fun to see how the "big" boys play in the snow.
Thanks

~ Katie said...

My kids and I sooooo wish we were there to play in all of that snow! I have never seen so much snow, given the fact I was in Hawaii for most of my kid years. We will be having 50 degree weather here throughout the weekend but I would take all of that snow and more in a hearbeat! Make a snowman for me :) Ha, ha, ha! Thanks for posting the pix.

Heather said...

by a dodge or a ford then you wouldnt have gotten stuck! you could have plowed right on through like the rest of the faithful non taker off stake conference sunday goers. The stake center parking lot was full of these vehicles dont remember any chevys though. with love, shane

Katie B said...

Hey Shane,
You must really enjoy living in a subdivision where they come and plow your road!! But, we prefer the dirt roads of the country. I recall helping to dig out a ford and a Dodge right out in front of the house on this particular day!! By the way.... we own all of the above..... and prefer the chevy by leaps and bounds!!

Lisa Summers & Fam said...

I love the Chevy's better too. I don't really enjoy the looks of teh others and my dad raised us as chevy kids. Jason prefers the ford, but we have been in a few chevy's that he has made the comment "he wouldn't mind owning one of them." This, to me, is one of the best reasons to live out here.