Saturday, November 8, 2008

3 Days of Play

We had the opportunity to tag along with my parents this weekend to Heber City.
It was the annual Cowboy Poetry Festival, and mom and dad had tickets to several shows.... but we couldn't let that extra bedroom in the condo go to waste now could we?

So on Thursday we rode the Heber Valley Railroad train while several Cowboys & Cowgirls moved from car to car and entertained.

We had a nice lunch of Chili, Hot Chocolate, and Cinnamon Rolls before we departed.

We enjoyed beautiful views. Despite the weather..... man it was cold!

We were also lucky enough to find some tickets to the Michael Martin Murphy Concert that night.... man it was soooooo good! I forgot how many great hits he had! It took me back to my youth! :D

And who doesn't love the food at the Homestead? I just love the drive down their lane..... it just makes you happy.

Thanks Mom & Dad for a fun weekend! And thanks to my MIL & FIL for coming to hold down the fort so we could enjoy some time away!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Our Newman 6 said...

It looks like it was freezing! Sounds like a great weekend of fun and arent' we glad we have family to be there for us when we need a get away.

Amy Jo said...

Sounds fun. I would love to ride the Heber train. I bet the scenery was beautiful despite the cold. Your MIL makes the best bread!