Sunday, January 27, 2008

It's only going to get worse....

.....I am afraid. Kassie has had this nagging cough for a couple of weeks. A few days ago she started complaining that it was starting to "burn" her chest when she coughed, so I decided I better take her in to make sure she didn't have bronchitis. I made her appt for Saturday am. During the night, friday night, she came in to me with a 103.7 fever, and said she was just "achy" all over. I thought, well at least you have a doctor appt in the morning. I was thinking, maybe just strep or bronchitis. No such luck there. Yep, she has Influenza B. They have mostly seen Influenza A, but we always have to be different, and get the out of the ordinary thing. She has been doing okay, as long as we keep up on the tylenol and motrin. I hope we didn't expose any family and friends. I think we lucked out having the appt so soon, but I am afraid it's only going to get worse because the other kids will most likely get it. Kassie has to stay home from school for a whole week. So the Bodily's are under quarantine!!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Ugh! poor girl, I hope she gets feeling better! anything i can do? just let me know. tell her hi from Levi and we hope she gets feeling better soon!!!!

amber said...

You guys have the worst luck with illness! Hope she feels better SOON. Let me know if you need any groceries! (I could leave them on the porch :)

Angie said...

I'm sorry! It sucks to have sick kids. You've got to think more positive. . no one else is going to get it.