Sunday, July 26, 2009

Bothwell 24th Celebration

We had a great weekend of celebrating our pioneer heritage...
BOTHWELL STYLE!
Cory and I were recently called to serve as the ward's Services and Activities Chairmen. Which meant we were in charge of this huge event, but it was planned and assigned out carefully, and it really wasn't too much work. Everyone just does their part, and it all comes together.

After the big dinner, is the much anticipated rodeo.... and the kids had a BLAST! Above you can see Kassie on the right in the green shirt, getting ready for the kids Tug of War.

Kambree really surprised me with wanting to ride a sheep. I had asked earlier in the day, and got a resounding NO from all of the kids, so when she asked, I was surprised, but said okay. Obviously the flip flops weren't a great idea... but hey, she had fun! Landed face first in the dirt, but came up smiling, and no tears!

Kassie also participated in the kids barrel race (top, far right) and the boot race.

This is the only picture I have of Cory and I... proof that we really were there, just busy. I didn't take one photo! That is rare! Thanks Dad for being the photographer!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

TiffaniS said...

It was a wonderful celebration! You guys did a great job pulling it all together. My family and our friends had a great time! Thanks!

Our Newman 6 said...

It was AWESOME!! Thanks for all the planning and hard work I know it is a BIG project.. We look forward to this every year.

All About Us said...

IT was a GREAT success thanks for all you guys did to mke it so fun!! We also look farward to that!

Amy Jo said...

Loved it!! Your dad took some great pics!

The Doutre Family said...

I'm so sad we missed the Bothwell celebration! Maybe in a few years...sniff, sniff.

~ Katie said...

What a fun calling. Looks like everyone had a blast!!! My boys sure would have loved those events.