Okay... this post will be a bit different from the usual. I was in the mood to blog (finally) yesterday.... and I woke up to a virus on my computer... so it is at Dr. Chad's... so no pics to blog about. So you are stuck with my thoughts..... Here goes...... 2009 started rough for me.... and it hasn't been getting any better. No one particular reason.... and I am well aware there are way more people out there with larger than life issues and problems. Not whining.... just venting... getting it all out. I am just plain burnt out. I am looking forward to summer.... no gymnastics, no music classes, no cheer, no preschool, no nothin. (and if I were being totally honest, I wish that could include Church.... but I know that would not be good for me or my family, so we'll keep doing that one) I am looking forward to my kids being home, for more help from my older girls, and just the "break" I think I need..... .....and then I watch the Grey's Anatomy Season Finale... (which was so totally good BTW)... and I love what the narrative had to say. So I rewound, paused, and wrote it all down. Been re-reading and pondering ever since: "When something begins you generally have no idea how it's going to end... the house you were going to sell becomes your home.... the roommates you were forced to take in become your family.... & the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life.... We spend our whole lives worrying about the future. Planning for it... trying to predict it.... as if figuring it out will somehow cushion the blow. But the future is always changing... the future is the home of our deepest fears & our wildest hopes, but one thing is certain.... when it finally reveals itself, the future is never the way we imagined it. Doctors spend alot of time focused on the future - planning it - working toward it - but at some point you start to realize your life is happening NOW, not after med school, not after residency, RIGHT NOW - THIS IS IT - IT'S HERE - Blink and you'll miss it.
6 years ago
7 comments:
Thanks for that post Katie. You always inspire me. So glad I decided to look at blogs today! I have been MIA in MANY areas lately. Thanks!
Well wow. I'm so glad you posted that. I can't tell you how many times I look at my little "today is a gift" sign that's by my computer and remember I need to appreciate this day...right now. (That's why I have it front and center.) You're a good, no, great woman and friend and mom. I love ya...don't know what I'd do without ya...(is this a song?) :)
LOVE it Katie!! Thanks for the reminder!!
I think it is so easy for moms to get burned out. For myself, I have cut out the "not as important" stuff. This helps me to enjoy the "more important" things. It isn't always an easy choice, but we all have to ways to deal with our hectic world. Just keep doing the best you can and it will be enough.
Very well said and made me tear up! Love ya! Thanks for lunch and listening to me "vent" as well. :D
Wow, that was deep. Very well put. I could definitely be working on quite a few areas myself. Thanks for posting.
Thaks I really loved this post. I haven't felt like getting onthe computer lately because of my hectic schedule, but I really needed to just to take the time to read this, THANKS!!!!
Post a Comment