Thursday, November 29, 2007

If Ye Are Prepared.....

....ye shall not fear. Well, I'm starting to get a little nervous. Every year I tell myself I am going to be more organized and get more done before thanksgiving for the holidays. This year I started a Christmas notebook, where I make my lists, and notes about what I wish I would have already had done at this point and when I think I should have done it. Maybe this book will be helpful for next year, I don't know, but I hope. Just when I think I have a handle on it, I remember something that I need to be doing, or thinking about. I wanted to teach my kids more about service, and the true meaning of Christmas this year, so I wanted all of the "worldly" things out of the way and done so I could focus on that more. So far I am failing. I keep thinking that I only need to get 4 more things and I will be done..... and then I remember something or someone else. Maybe by the time I am a grandma I will be getting it right..... but by then it won't matter. Oh-well! All I can do is try! right? Monday. That is when my mom and I are going to try and go shopping. If it really happens. We have already tried to plan this and things just come up. Maybe after monday I will feel better about things..... I just hate to leave things to the last minute. I know, November 30, or December 4, doesn't really qualify as the last minute, but I will feel much better when it is done. Maybe.... Maybe.... Maybe.... we shall see!

2 comments:

Angie said...

If it makes you feel any better, you're NOT alone!!

Brett said...

I havent bought one thing for Christmas, and Garrison turns 4 on the 19th, still dont know what we are going to do-- I have never been this bad as I have this year--