Friday, February 20, 2009

Flashback Friday

I am flashing back to this photo for several reasons. It kinda covers a few memories for me.
1. My hair looks like this in many of my photos of childhood... always 2 bows.... always on the top of my head like little mouse ears.
2. My sister.... she is in most of my childhood pictures.... and I love her, she's awesome and this just reminds me she's always been there, and always will be..... sorry, you're stuck with me.
3. My mom and her long "flowing" dresses..... for some reason, that's a memory I have of her.
4. The brown paneling in our front living room of the Syracuse house I grew up in. It was there for years, but I do remember the day my mom tore it down.... it was a good day for her.... she hated that paneling.
5. Last, but probably the thing that jumps out the most.... The Couch. That couch was there through the majority of my childhood. It's ugly and obtrusive... but that's what I remember the most. Mom was finally able to get new couches, but I was in my teens then. This couch is my chilhood couch. Lovely, I know. (There is a reason they dont make them that durable anymore)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Tara Bennett said...

Oh, I love the photo! You two girls were so cute. I always thought your mom was so pretty, a very classy lady. The couch and paneling rock!

TiffaniS said...

What a great flashback! You and Ashley are too cute! I remember the long flowing dresses my Mom wore also. We had a big ugly (green none-the-less) couch that lasted till I was in my teens also! I just love your Mom! She's so wonderful! You two girlies are sure lucky!

Amy Jo said...

That is a great pic. Isn't it funny the "things" that bring back the memories for us. Ashley sure looks just like your mom.

Tiffany Joy said...

You look just like JUST LIKE Kambree!! Holy moly.. that's crazy!