Thursday, March 5, 2009

Draper Temple Open House

The kids were out of school yesterday, so we took the opportunity to take them down to the new Draper Temple before it is dedicated.
What a beautiful place with an awesome spirit. The kids seemed to enjoy it, and had some questions that we were able to answer and hopefully they have a better understanding as to what happens there, and what a special place it is.
The wind was blowing like crazy so I wasn't up for the typical outdoor photo with the temple in the background. This was taken in the Stake Center that is next door and where you go to wait for your bus back to where you parked.
Gage was not a very happy little man, because he wanted another cookie, and I wanted to take a picture first! :)
Waiting for the Bus..... what good kids!
It was a great day, and I am glad we took the opportunity to go. And it's always fun to go with good friends!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Definately a beautiful temple! Whitney said she wants to be married there...I hope she won't change her mind! :)
Hope you didn't have to wait as long as we did going in the evening. It was a "3 hour tour".

Katie B said...

Yeah, it was definately a better way to go during the day, huh? I heard evenings were bad! But we gotta go when the fam can go!

TiffaniS said...

I am so glad we went! Such a great teaching opportunity with our kiddos!